Monday, August 23, 2010

Thank You, Terrell!



Good morning, lovies!

Did you know that a new, treasured friend of mine sent me an award the other day?
Sweet Terrell from Frou-Frou Decor (froufroudecor.blogspot.com)
surprised me with this!  

It came wrapped in a warm hug!


Thank you, Terrell!  


Ok.  So, this is what's supposed to happen:

1.  Thank and link back to the person who gave the award.
2.  Share 7 things about yourself that others may not know.
3.  Pass the award on to at least 4 other bloggers who inspire you.
4.  Let them know you gave them the award.

SEVEN THINGS ABOUT MYSELF

~One~
  
I worked in a high school office for 21 years as athletic department adm. assistant, principal's adm. assistant, and guidance department adm. assistant. - and loved my jobs, the students, and the teachers. 
(It wasn't bad having 8 weeks off during the summer, either.)

Google Image

~Two~

I've been a member of Gun Lake Community Church since 1985; sang in the choir and the praise team, was on the Design Team, and worked in the office. I've watched membership grow from 30 people to over 500. God has blessed us!

Google Image

~Three~

I have sailed twice on the Windjammer, "Polynesia", from St. Maarten. 
It was a beautifully awesome cultural experience, and I would do it again in a heartbeat.
(After I lose 10 pounds....)

Google Image


~Four~

I ADORE lavender! 
The plant, the fragrance, and the multitude of things you can do with it.
(I should take out stock in those Air Wick plug-in thingies in Lavender scent.)

Google Image


~Five~

Blogging has become a complete addiction for me.  Visiting my friends' blogs is like looking through incredible decor magazines - which is another addiction I will own up to. 
(I have yet to seek help for this.)

Google Image


~Six~

My mom and dad are my heroes.  My mother has always been a role model for me; surviving many surgeries, a tumor on her pituitary gland, and is legally blind due to radiation treatments on that tumor. Dad has been her rock and support through it all.
I love them with all my heart and soul.


~Seven~

My dream would be to live out the rest of my days with hubby on Sanibel Island,
and blog my days away with my butt in the sand.
(Remind me to get that money tree planted soon...)


FOUR SEVEN BLOGGERS WHO INSPIRE ME


1.  Debbie at House at the Lake.  She is my soul-sister and my 'junking' buddy.  She has been a faithful supporter, encourager, and friend for over 20 years. I love her dearly.

2.  Diana at Nana Diana Takes a Break.  She makes me laugh...all the time.  She warms my heart with her friendship.  Did I mention that she makes me laugh?

3. Debbie at Love of the Sea for her thoughtfulness, kindness, and love of our furry friends. I envy how close she lives to Sanibel Island....  :)

4.  Trina at A Country Farmhouse because I love her house and her sweet nature.

5.  Jo at Secret Garden Cottage.  She is a talented decorator with amazing style. I covet her home and treasure her friendship. Her comments always bring a smile to my face.

6. Rita at Beach House Living.  Her photography is beautiful.  She lives the beach life I hope to someday live.

7.  Rebecca at A Gathering of Thoughts.  She's another animal lover, her home is sweet and romantic, and her faith stands strong and true.


Thanks again, Terrell, for this award.  You humble me!  :)

{Hugs!}

~ laurie
















14 comments:

  1. Thank you Laurie! how nice of you to think of me with this award.
    I appreciate you sooooo much!
    Debbie@houseatthelake

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laurie- Thank you my dear sweet friend for the award. I have to go to work now (why does life have to spoil blogging?>) However, when I return I shall pick up my award (with much ado) and respond to it. I feel HONORED that you found me and ya know I love ya like a sis-tah...Yep...me and The Pearl...we're gonna come a'visiting-after I lose 10 pounds and paint that sucker WHITE ;>0 xxoo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Laurie on your award! You so deserve it my friend!!
    I loved hearing your seven things. They were both touching and funny (I knew you'd get something funny in there ;-)).
    Finally, THANK YOU so much for thinking of me, sweetie! You know how much I appreciate it! ;-)
    Have a fabulous week, my friend!
    Hugs ~ Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your well deserved award!

    Have a wonderful week!
    Hugs,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your award and many thanks for passing one one to me. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laurie - what a lovely post. I have so enjoyed getting to know you...we have much in common! Thank you so much for this award.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laurie it was fun getting to know you! I am a lover of lavender too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You so deserve this award...your blog is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh now I'm envious of you! :) I always wanted to go on a Windjammer
    cruise. For years I read, looked a pictures and thought one day I would get to do it. Now I'm so comfortable where I am, and older, I don't really want to go that bad now. But, it looked like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Laurie-I think one of the most wonderful things about these awards is that we get to know each other better out here in Blogland. You are such a lovely person and I am learning more about the person you truly are all the time (see you thought I only said funny things)~ You are funny too and you have a heart as big as all outdoors. I am happy that you and Debbie have had 20 years of wonderful friendship. That is such a blessing...to have a sister that is not a blood relative at all & to feel so connected. I believe that we are all sisters of the Earth anyway..with one Heavenly Father.
    I am off to bed now...got my little tell-all done for tomorrow and I am off to pick my little ones up for 2 days of frenzied activity. Nighty-night-sweet girl~ xxoo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh girly...I'm sorry I'm soo late in getting by to visit you. Thank you so much for the award! Your words are just tooo kind to me.

    I loved reading more about you!!!! Isn't it funny we only THINK we know lots of stuff about people we blog with...only to find out there so much more to learn about them.

    Thank you for sharing with us about your life. Reading about your church has grown truly blessed me.

    Love to you~

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very beautiful Laurie! So great about your mom and dad!
    Blogging is so great and I love all the people that I have met, they are wonderful and kind. I really hope you get to live your dream of blogging on Sanibel Island. We all need to park our buns somewhere and that sounds like a wonderful spot!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love learning even more about you!!
    I'd spend the rest of my days on Sanibel Island too!! I love it there:)

    ReplyDelete

Bless you and thank you for visiting! I read each of your comments and treasure them all. So, please make sure your settings will accept emails, or leave your email address so that I can reply! ♥ Laurie